POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Family Life Center Usage
- Immanuel Baptist Church members and guest may use the facility during
normal operating times.
- Members will be listed on the current membership list located at the FLC counter.
- Children 11 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
o Adult supervision MUST remain in the FLC with the child.
o Supervising adult MUST be 18 or older.
All members MUST sign-in at the FLC counter.
Guest (Not IBC Church Member)
Guest to the Family Life Center must be with an IBC Member.
Guest must remain with their host member and leave when their host
Host member is responsible for their guests’ conduct while in the
Guest MUST complete a “Guest Registration.”
No admittance to the Family Life Center is permitted for Non-Members of IBC with the exception of the following conditions:
is the guest of an IBC Member
is participating in a scheduled IBC event or service
Facility Use Policy
The church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
But facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws. Nor may church facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the church’s faith or moral teachings. The pastor, or his official designee, is the final decision-maker concerning use of church facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. 2 Cor 6:14; 1Thess5:22.)
Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that the church strives to promote. It could also cause confusion and scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, the church agrees with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using its facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith use any church facility. Nor may church facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the church’s sanctuary, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God. (Col 3:17.)
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The pastor or official designee must approve all uses of church facilities. Generally, priority shall be given to church members, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
1. Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the church’s faith and practice.
2. The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement “form.
3. The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
Facility Use Hours
Facilities are available between the hours of 8:30 am-12:00pm and 4:30-9:00pm (Monday through Thursday) and 8:30am-12:00pm (Friday). Summer hours are 8:30am-12:00pm. Use outside these hours maybe approved by the pastor or official designee.
Facility use requests shall be made to IBC’s Family Life Center Director by submitting a Building Use Request Form (online) and the “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form. The event will be reserved and placed on the church calendar only when the pastor or official designee approves the use.
Use of church facilities is subject to a use and maintenance fee to pay for the up keep of church facilities.
A deposit in the amount of $50 is due upon approval of your date and must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your scheduled event date. In the event of a cancellation the deposit will not be refunded.
Facility Use Guidelines
1. Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
2. Smoking Policy: Smoking in any indoor church facilities is prohibited.
3. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
4. Food and beverages in classrooms, worship space not allowed without a lid and will be restricted to certain areas. No outside food or drink is allowed unless prior arrangements are made with the staff of Immanuel Baptist Church.
5. Church equipment such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
6. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
7. Clean-up: All spaces used by the visiting group must be left as found. Immanuel reserves the right to charge an additional fee for clean-up if necessary.
8. Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
9. Any person or group must sign the “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form prior to reservation of church facilities.
10. Any program arrangements such as music and entertainment must be cleared with the Family Life Center Director prior to your event.
11. Dancing is not permitted.
12. Groups must come and leave as a group. There are no exceptions unless specific approval is given by the staff of Immanuel Baptist Church.
13. The visiting group will be held responsible for any damages that occur to church facilities while the building is in use.
For all non-church-sponsored events, the group or person using the facilities must obtain liability insurance coverage in the amount of at least $ and provide certificate of insurance. The user must also sign a “Facility Use and an Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement.”