ENGAGE: Prayer Initiative
Vision: To unite our church as one church, engaging in spiritual warfare, by becoming a “House of Prayer,” that seeks God’s will and power as we join Him in accomplishing Christ’s mission to bring Him glory. This is an ongoing prayer effort that will engage in prayer until God accomplishes His purposes through His people at IBC.
Focus: Recruit and involve committed prayer warriors who will commit to engage in spiritual warfare on their knees, praying daily for God to fill our seats with lost souls. We will pray until God fills His house (Lk. 14:23) adding to His church (Acts 2:47). We will stand in the gap and pray for spiritual awakening in our lives, our church, our city and our nation. We will acknowledge that our battle is won on our knees and that our battle belongs to the Lord, therefore the victory is found only through Him.
Charles Spurgeon once said: “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
- Mark 11:17 | “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of
prayer for all the nations’?”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 | Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all
circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Luke 14:23-24 | “And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways
and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled. For I
tell you, none of those men who were invited shall taste my banquet.’”
- Romans 10:1 | Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is
that they may be saved.
- Romans 9:1-2 | I
am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness
in the Holy Spirit - that I have
great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.
- Acts 4:31 | And when they had prayed, the place in which they were
gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and
continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
How can I participate:
- Commit to pray for 5 empty seats that represent 5 souls
- Join my LifeGroup in praying for a section of the Worship
- Come to the altar at end of Worship Service each Sunday
for corporate prayer
- In my leadership responsibilities: Lead out in Prayer for
empty seats/lost souls
- Watch/Prayer for updates from our Prayer Ministry Team each
- Entering into the Worship Center, pray for God’s Spirit
to move/souls saved
- Encourage / assist / communicate other ministries/members
- Take the prayer card and place it in a prominent place as
a reminder to pray
- Lead my family to pray for the empty seats/lost souls
needing to fill those seats
- Give all the glory to the Lord as He begins to answer
How can I let my church know I’m standing with them in prayer?
- Sign up: In the Worship Service or on line
- Download prayer reminder card and resources available on
- Adopt a section of seats to pray for faithfully until God
fills every seat
- Focus your prayers around our vision:
b. Each week personally praying in the Worship Center for the seats
c. Own those seats, taking responsibility for each seat – each week
d. Be available as God leads – to invest and invite someone to fill seats
5. As God fills our seats: Ask to grow their faith and walk with Jesus:
- To Worship Christ: Connecting in LifeGroup and Worship
- To Follow Christ: Becoming a fully-devoted follower of
- To Serve Christ: Being/Becoming equipped and serving in
- To Share: Multiplying their faith as faithful steward and
6. Celebrate God’s activity by giving Him Glory.
TO JOIN THIS PRAYER INITIATIVE, CLICK HERE