EXECUTIVE OR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Immanuel Baptist Church, Wichita, KS, is looking for an Executive or Administrative Assistant to help the Senior Pastor with basic administrative tasks and communication with the church body. This is a full-time position. We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or in graphic design. Please email a resume with 3-5 references to David Crowther at .
This job description is considered to be a classification and recruiting tool, and is not intended to limit the assignment of work.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Job Purpose/Position Summary: To provide general administrative support to the Senior Pastor and support the church and its ministry in weekly administrative functions.
- A born-again believer and person of high moral character
- A warm personality and positive attitude toward others
- An organized, detail oriented and self-motivated individual
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient at MS Word, Excel and competent with graphic design and tech skills.
- Answer and direct phone calls and take messages in cooperation with other office personnel
- Creating and distributing church publications
- Maintain the church calendar
- Update the on-call schedule for the Pastors
- Send mass communications to church, committees, and persons as directed by the Senior Pastor
- Ordering church materials as directed by the Senior Pastor
- Be able to book reservations for incoming guest speakers
- Help to remind the Pastor of his appointments and maintain confidentiality
- Assist in scheduling the front desk volunteers and delegating responsibilities
- Assist Senior Pastor in coordinating details of funerals and weddings
- Maintain a hospital list and notify the Senior Pastor of anyone in hospital or other pastoral concerns
COLLEGE MINISTRY INTERN
Immanuel Baptist Church, Wichita, KS, is seeking a College Ministry Intern to help facilitate our College Ministry Bible studies and provide discipleship to our college students. This will involve some level of participation in campus ministry at Wichita State University and possibly Friends or Newman University. This is a paid internship with at least a 1 year commitment. We are looking for someone who has completed a Bachelor’s degree. This internship has the capacity to turn into a permanent position. Send resumes with 3-5 references to David Crowther at